Vegan Chickpea Salad Bowl | Protein-Packed Salad | Oye Gabruu
Many times a day comes where we have had enough carbs for the day and if we are on a diet we cannot just afford adding that extra carbs in our diet. We all know excess in carbs could lead to overflow of glucose from your glycogen tank and could get stored as fat somewhere in your body. In order to avoid this every individual as per his/her fitness goal, they have a limitation that they can only certain amount of carbs in a day. For some reason, if you have had enough carbs for the day then you cannot just risk adding extra carbs. We understand your world and hence we are here with another recipe which has carbs in very moderate and lots of protein, vitamins, minerals, and potassium so give your body a good supply of nutrients.
Without any further delays let’s get to it.
COURSE: LUNCH/DINNER | CUISINE: MEDITERRANEAN | RECIPE: CHICKPEA SALAD
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | TOTAL TIME: 10-15 MINUTES
1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 leaf of lettuce
3-4 steamed broccoli floret
3-4 pcs. Of steamed mushroom
1 tbsp. Seeds
½ cup feta cheese
1 medium size carrot
Few coriander leaves
1 medium size zucchini
1 tbsp. Sesame soya sauce
½ cup cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
1 tsp. Crushed black pepper
½ finely chopped bell pepper
Roasted nacho to give it a crunchy taste.
Chat masala to give the tangy taste
1. In a large bowl toss all the veggies. Give them a good mix.
2. Toss drained and rinsed chickpeas into the bowl. You can also mash half of them if you would like. It gives a good taste but this is totally optional.
3. Mix chickpeas with all the veggies.
4. Since all the ingredients are mixed properly now is the time to add sesame soya sauce, sprinkle some low sodium salt to taste and crushed black pepper
5. Mix them properly with the help of a spatula.
6. Dress salad with roasted nachos or with your favorite salad dressing and serve.
Yes, that’s all. That was super easy and super nutritious. If you are super cautious about your carbs for any particular day you may reduce or increase the amount of chickpeas accordingly for that particular day. Otherwise, it is a lovely recipe for your loved ones. It will give them the amazing amount of fiber and other required vitamins and minerals.
We have a video version also available for this recipe you can choose to watch that also. If you found this article helpful then please share it with your friends and family and do comment below.
Stay Healthy Stay Strong