Updated: Nov 18, 2018
Yes yes, I know how relevant this topic is too many of you. I know we get excited, we make a resolution and then we start a gym. Gradually after a week or two when we weigh our self and when we don’t see the measuring scale in the desired side it is pretty disheartening. Trust me I have been there.
You don’t have to be disappointed. Just remember the key to success is to be consistent in what you are doing. While you guys are consistent with your exercises, diet and gym routine you just need to see if one of these sneaky things are messing up with your weight loss goals.
1. Stress: Yes you will be surprised to know that our body tends to store more fat when are stressed. Also when you are stressed your body releases a hormone called cortisol. If your cortisol levels are elevated you will never lose weight or fat. This is one of the biggest reason most of the people they are not able to lose fat. In long run, an elevated cortisol level could result in depression. Hence I would highly recommend you not to stress yourself up with weight loss goal be patient.
2. Sleep: Many of my friends they complain they are doing everything right but still the weighing scale is showing them the same numbers from past 2-3 weeks. When I noticed I saw, they are only sleeping for 4 hours and most of the time they are stuck with a play station or laptop. If you deprive your body with sleep the whole repair process will not happen. If repair is not happening how the heck you expect your body to perform in your desired way. Also not sleeping for a long time may raise your cortisol level and you may end up being fat which you will never want that to happen.
3. Your friends are Fat and protein a distant relative: Please excuse my way of writing what I intend to say here is that you are not monitoring your macros as a result you are hardly eating any protein and more of fatty rich food which is going inside your system and giving you a hard time with losing fat. Whereas a high protein rich food will keep you full for longer duration making you eat less and in a limited quantity.
4. You are a person who loves to eat outside: You must be thinking what is wrong with that even though I am eating outside I know what I am eating. It doesn’t work like that. When you eat outside you are burdening your system with many unnecessary oils and spices which shouldn’t have happened in the first place itself. In the restaurant, they add salt in excess to make food little tasty and they combine it spices and other stuff which is probably too much for your body to bear while you are in your fat loss goal. The saying goes “Abs are made in the kitchen” so if you are looking for chiseled masculine body start preparing at home.
5. The liver is going un-responsive: When you give yourself a high dose of sugar, alcohol and other fried foods in long run, after a while your liver gets tired and thus when you try to switch on a good diet expecting to lose weight due to a sluggish lover you might not see desired results. Hence you need to detox or cleanse your liver every now and then for better performance. You can check our healthy detox recipes here.
6. You are not drinking enough water: Guys our body it is made up of 60% of water. We need to drink at least 4 liters of water every day. So if you are not doing this ultimately you are hindering your entire body cleansing process. If you drink less water your body will not flush out toxins through urine, as a result, all the toxins will pile up within your system. Rest I don’t have to tell you what will happen.
7. Starving yourself: This is one of thing worst approach for losing weight. Chances are when you starve yourself for too long chances are high that you might end up eating more than what you were supposed to. Hence I will recommend you to rather follow Intermitted Fasting. If you are a beginner you can find A to Z information about IF here. Also, maintain a regular eating pattern so that your body will be aware of your eating pattern.
8. Metabolism: As we grow old our metabolism rate drops on an average 2% to 6% in every ten years. This is due to a decrease in muscle mass. So if you have more muscle mass means good metabolism means better fat loss. Soon I will prepare an article on how to boost your metabolism in details. For now, you need to keep an eye on your metabolism and eat more fiber-rich food.
9. Eating disorder: Okay first let me tell you there’s nothing wrong with eating. However, there should a time a pattern like when and what you are eating. Your habit of eating at a wrong time like close to bedtime may also give you a hard time while losing weight. Also, you need to check your serving size and the portion you are eating. If you are following a weight loss program you need to make sure you are in a calorie deficit state i.e. burning more calorie than what you are eating.
10. Addiction to sugar: This one is very close to my heart because a suffered a lot because of this. Initially, when you start to control your sugar craving it gets even bigger and bigger. That is when a disciplined mind and a friendly coach and your diet comes into the picture. A great mentor or coach will keep you motivated and focused while disciplined mind will help you to conquer your cravings and balanced diet will not let you have a craving in the first place.
These were the deadliest 10 which impacts many of our fitness goals and journey. Conquer them and you smile in front of the mirror. Let them win and they will laugh at you when you will be in front of the mirror.
Meanwhile. Stay Strong! Stay Healthy.